Public Health Awards
Dr. Cate Ranheim, who started Helping Educate and Link the Homeless, and Lisa Bell, who started the Madison Dental Initiative, are among the winners of this year’s Public Health Awards from the Madison-Dane County Health Department.
Ranheim and her husband Erik also are among the Wisconsin Medical Society’s Physician Citizen of the Year award winners, to be given April 8. Dr. Doug Dulli of UW Health is also a recipient.
Other winners of the public health awards, to be presented April 11:
• Jeff Maurer, Fresh Madison Market, for work with the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County.
• Luis and Lupita Montoto and Diego Campoverde, LaMovida Radio and LaVoz Latina, for coverage of health issues and services for Latinos.
• Community Ground Works, formerly Friends of Troy Gardens, for sustainable food growing and nutrition programs.
• Ed Ruickreigel, Madison fire marshal, for spearheading the Madison smoke alarm ordinance and other safety efforts.
• Southwest Community Organizing Committee, for improving the health and safety of five Madison
And – http://host.madison.com/article_e81d9908-5c88-11e0-8044-001cc4c03286.html?mode=story