Apples and Bacon Salad with Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
Most people answer a hearty “YES” whenever bacon is part of the question. This week, Our Family Sliced Bacon packages are 2 for $6, and maybe that’s all you need to know. But we thought we’d combine heavenly bacon with Washington Honeycrisp Apples, $1.89/lb, and Dole Premium Salads, 3 for $5, to make a memorable salad! This one comes to us from DietHood.com, and makes a wonderful fall salad!
Here’s your shopping list:
- 1 package Dole Baby Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 Our Family bacon slices , cooked to a desired crispness and crumbled
- 3 to 4 Washington Honeycrisp apples , chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crumbled French feta cheese
Combine ingredients above in a large salad bowl
Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Combine in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Adjust seasonings according to taste. This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Toss the dressing with the salad mixture and enjoy this bacon-licious salad!