Bacon Asparagus Bites Recipe
Everything is better when it is wrapped in bacon! These delicious and easy-to-make Bacon Asparagus Bites make a great appetizer for any occasion. Bursting with flavor and texture, these bites make eating asparagus feel not as much like a chore. The cream cheese and garlic help blend these flavors together beautifully for an appetizer you can’t go wrong with!
- 6 slices bacon, cut into thirds (2 for $7 of Our Family Sliced Bacon this week at Fresh)
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature (4 for $5 of Our Family Cream Cheese in assorted varieties this week at Fresh)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 9 asparagus spears, blanched ($2.49/lb. of Asparagus this week at Fresh)
- Preheat oven to 400° and line 1 medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook bacon: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until most of the fat is cooked out, but is not crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese with garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Assemble bites: Spread about 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese onto each strip of bacon. Place asparagus in the center and roll bacon until bacon ends meet. Once all bites are made, place on prepared baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, until bacon is crisp and cream cheese is warmed through. Serve.