BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH BROWN SUGAR & HONEY RECIPE
Anything wrapped in bacon is bound to taste amazing. These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts are flavored with brown sugar and honey for a sweet, juicy, and incredibly tasting dish. Easy to make and the perfect combination of sweet and savory makes for a meal that the whole family will enjoy. Just add your favorite side dishes, such as asparagus or corn (on sale now at Fresh Madison), to complete your dinner!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts * 3-4 breasts (2.5 lb bag of Open Acres Boneless Chicken Breasts are $3.99 this week)
- 10 slices bacon * more or less as needed (2 for $6 for a pack of Our Family Sliced Bacon)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (2 for $6 of 16oz. bottle of Our Family Honey Bear honey this week)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and pat the chicken breasts dry. Place on a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar.
- Drizzle on 1 Tablespoon of the honey.
- Wrap 2-3 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast, tucking the ends under.
- Top with the remaining brown sugar and honey.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F. Chicken is done when it is no longer pink in the center.
- For crispier bacon, place under the broiler for a couple minutes, watching constantly to prevent it from burning. Rotate as needed.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- If you prefer crispier bacon, place the baking sheet under the broiler after it’s done baking, watching closely to prevent burning. Rotate the chicken, as needed.
- To grill Bacon Wrapped Chicken, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Cook the wrapped chicken breasts, turning often, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Store any leftover chicken covered tightly with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.