Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Running out of fun dinner ideas? Look no further. This Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is crispy, creamy, and delicious as the 5-star reviews speak for themselves! Only 45 minutes and before you know it this family dish is on your table. Try to find the biggest chicken breasts possible, they will be easier to roll!
- 4 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s skinless, boneless chicken breast halves ($2.99 /lb. of Gold’n Plump Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts this week)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham (2 for $6 Hormel Natural Choice Lunch Meat 8 oz. this week)
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.