Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
This week be sure to take advantage of Hungry Jack Pancake Mix on sale for just $1.99. You can whip up a batch of fluffy pancakes in almost no time. But you can also use the mix to create some amazing creations. Today we’re going to help you make delicious Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake in this recipe direct from the Hungry Jack kitchens.
Here’s your shopping list:
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 2 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Extra Light & Fluffy Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping, you’ll need
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 8 or 9-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE pancake mix, 1/3 cup sugar and chocolate chips in medium bowl. Add water, sour cream and vanilla. Blend well. Using an ice cream scoop, shape dough into sixteen 2-inch dough balls. Place in 4 rows of 4 each in prepared pan. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over dough.
- BAKE 24 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
TIP: To use Hungry Jack® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs), replace 1/2 cup water with 2 large eggs and 2 tablespoons milk. Proceed as above.