English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Super easy to make and insanely delicious, what more could you ask for in a breakfast? Eggs, bacon, and cheese, oh my! This English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich only takes a few ingredients and one pan for your next breakfast meal. Customize it with your favorite flavors, such as avocado, hot sauce, or a sausage patty to keep your energy up all day. Easy to make and delicious to eat, this sandwich will have you looking forward to breakfast time!
▢ 2 English Muffins, halved (2 for $5 of Bay’s English Muffins, this week at Fresh)
▢ 4 slices of Bacon ($5.99 for Hormel Sliced Bacon, this week at Fresh)
▢ 4 Eggs (99 cents of 12ct. Our Family Large Eggs, this week at Fresh)
▢ 2 square slices of American/Processed Cheese (2 for $5 of Crystal Farms Cheese, this week at Fresh)
▢ 1 tbsp Butter
▢ Hot Sauce, to preference
▢ Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Add bacon to a pan over low-medium heat and fry until crispy with the fat rendered. Important to keep it fairly low so you draw out as much of the fat as possible. Remove bacon, leave fat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and place English muffin halves in the leftover fat and fry until crispy. Remove from pan.
- Lower heat back down to a low-medium and melt in 1 tbsp butter. Spread it across the pan as best you can, then crack in 4 eggs. Use your spatula to separate the eggs into pairs then season with salt and pepper. It should look like two oval shapes. Cook until all egg white turns opaque (split egg yolks if you don't like sunny side up).
- Place muffin halves over the eggs, then take a plate and gently rest over the top. Carefully flip the pan over so the egg muffins end up on the plate egg-side-up.
- Add a slice of cheese to each of them, followed by 2 slices of bacon each and a good dousing of hot sauce. Fold over and enjoy!