Free Sabra Hummus
Hummus is a simple mixture that has been used for centuries. Dozens of regions around the world have a slightly different take on it, but no matter how it comes together, hummus is remarkably good for you.
- It can help lower cholesterol. Chickpeas, the main ingredient in hummus, is one of a group of foods known as “pulses,” which have been shown to lower cholesterol when eaten regularly.
- It can help lower blood sugar. One of the big struggles for diabetics is finding food that is both tasty and good for you. Because hummus is rich in protein, it’s a good way to fill up on complex carbs to release good energy into your blood system without the sugar spikes.
- It’s an anti-inflammatory. Most of the things found in hummus, such as chickpeas, olive oil, and garlic, have anti-inflammatory properties.
- It can reduce your risk of cancer. Foods that are rich in folate contain substances that are known to fight cancer.
- It’s good for your bones. 99% of the calcium you consume goes right to your bones, and the combo of chickpeas and sesame seeds give you lots of bone-strengthening calcium.
- It’s free this week! If the health benefits weren’t tempting enough, we’re going to put a 10-ounce container of delicious Sabra Hummus in your cart for free this week with your $15 purchase at Fresh Madison Market.