Mixed Berry Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are a great choice for a nutritional breakfast or mid-day snack, at any time of the year! This Mixed Berry Smoothie recipe takes 5 minutes to make and is packed with protein, thanks to Greek yogurt that is both filling and refreshing. Just stick your fresh fruit in the freezer for a while and substitute ice for the frozen berries. While this may be a very simple recipe, it is worth sharing with your family and friends to eat (and drink) healthier!
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice (can also use almond milk, skim milk, coconut milk or other flavor of juice)
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (2 for $5 of Driscoll’s Blackberries, Blueberries, or Raspberries 6oz., this week at Fresh)
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Optional garnish: fresh berries and mint sprigs
- Place the apple juice, banana, berries and yogurt in a blender; blend until smooth. If the smoothie seems too thick, add a little more liquid (1/4 cup).
- Taste and add honey if desired. Pour into two glasses and garnish with fresh berries and mint sprigs if desired.