Sheet Pan Italian Sausage Vegetable Bake
The perfect, easy meal when you really don’t feel like cooking is Salt & Baker’s Sheet Pan Italian Sausage Vegetable Bake! Healthy dinners don’t have to be difficult to make. This sheet pan dinner makes for an easy prep, an easy clean up, and incredible flavors! This dish is loaded with vegetables and protein and perfect to serve over rice. The flavors are out of this world and creates a meal the whole family will enjoy for days!
- 16 oz Italian sausage, cut into thick coins (2 for $7 of Jimmy Dean Sausage Rolls 16oz. this week)
- 2 cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, roughly chopped ($1.69 per pound this week)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into thick coins ($1.29 per pound this week)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop the veggies and place on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. (This isn’t necessary, but it makes for easy clean up). Drizzle the olive oil over everything and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the veggies. Toss to coat.
- Evenly disperse the meat throughout the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Gently remove the pan from the oven. Turn the veggies and meat so stir things up. Place back in the oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until the veggies are tender and the meat is cooked through.
- Serve by itself or over rice or quinoa.