Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin Recipe
Slow cookers make everything taste better! Especially when there is bacon involved. This Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin recipe is packed with flavors, even though it only takes 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep work. A great easy-to-prepare meal for the spring and summer months, your whole family will love this one.
- 3-pound pork loin, trimmed of excess fat ($6.99 for Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Loin Fillets, this week at Fresh)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 8 slices thick cut bacon (2 for $7 for John Morrell Applewood Smoked Bacon, this week at Fresh)
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Rub the tablespoon of canola oil and add Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Add the garlic and brown sugar to the top of the pork.
- Wrap the pork with the bacon (I wrapped all the way around, if you want to drape them over the top you can as well.)
- Place carefully into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- If you finish the cooking time and for some reason the bacon is not as crispy as you would like, remove the pork and put it on a baking sheet in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes (keep the pork in the middle of the oven, not too close to the top).